Welcome to the Nepean ICU Web Site
Welcome to the web site of the Nepean Intensive Care Unit. The Intensive Care Unit is part of the Nepean Hospital, a teaching hospital associated with the University of Sydney. The Nepean Hospital is part of the Sydney West Area Health Service and is situated at the base of the Blue Mountains, 50 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD. Please navigate the site by selecting the links at the left of every page, by using the Sitemap or by selecting one of the highlighted pages below:
- Research at the Nepean ICU The Nepean Intensive Care Unit maintains a commitment to contributing to the delivery of quality health care to the critically ill through its active participation in research. This section of the site holds about 12 pages detailing the research efforts of the Unit .
The Nepean Critical Care Echo (NCCE) aims to promote the use of echocardiography in the intensive care unit and emergency. It organizes one-to-one hands-on practical courses in echocardiography. Interested individuals are welcomed to receive hands-on training with us on a short-term basis (1-2 weeks).
The Nepean Institute of Critical Care Education and Research (NICCER) is now the exclusive distibutor for the ICCU Imaging's FOCUS (Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Study) multimedia DVD box set and the FOCUS pocket guide in Australia. The FOCUS DVD set will provide hours of stunning 2D & 3-D echo images plus the application of Doppler. Whether you are a novice or an expert, you will find FOCUS a valuable learning tools in your library.
This course covers the basic critical care echocardiography and advanced echocardiography. The course (1-3 days) is designed for intensivists, emergency physicians and anaesthetists. Please visit here to find the details and registration form.
(Leura Critical Care Echo 2008 presentations and materials can be downloaded from here by using 'leura2008' as username and the password provided to you at the conference.)
ISICEM 2008 Critical Care Echo Materials please follow this link to access the slides and other material for the ISICEM conference. Please use the username ''echo2008" and the password given to you at the conference to access these files.
Specialist Critical Care Nursing Roles
- Data Management at Nepean ICU The Nepean Intensive Care Unit maintains a commitment to the accurate collection and utilisation of data within the Intensive Care Unit. Not simply a team which collects data, the nursing led team uses the data to assist with the management of resources and planning within the ICU.
- ICU Liaison Service The Nepean Hospital Intensive Care Unit has introduced an exciting new role to improve patient care and follow-up post discharge from the unit. Also details of the Liaison Clinical Nurse Consultant role.
- Nepean ICU & Indonesia This page intends to give some detail of a joint Australian Indonesian Intensive Care liaison that has been under development informally since 1985 and on a formal level since 1994.
- History of the Nepean Intensive Care Unit This page details the history of the Nepean Intensive Care Unit from the early 1970s until the turn of the century.
The Nepean Intensive Care Web Site usually has 50 pages available, only about a dozen or so that are listed on this opening page. Please either browse the site or see the Sitemap page which lists and categorises every page in the site. Any queries please see the Contact Us page.